Our self-catering Holiday Lodge, positioned approximately 8 miles to the south of the historic City of York, offers a peaceful escape. Nestled in a serene corner of our small farm, it provides the ideal setting for relaxation, allowing you to fully appreciate the sights and sounds of the local wildlife, along with the charming presence of our sheep.
The heart of York is just around 8 miles from our Lodge, while the Park & Ride and York Designer Outlet are conveniently located 7.3 miles away. To get a glimpse of what’s in store, be sure to visit our gallery page for a preview of the wonderful experiences and attractions awaiting you.
Staying at our small farm offers a unique experience, and we strongly recommend reading the information provided on our website before making your reservation. This will help you get a clear understanding of what to anticipate during your stay. We’re delighted to share that we’ve received some lovely reviews from our guests, so don’t forget to browse through the feedback to get a sense of the wonderful experiences others have had with us.
To book directly please select the relevant dates, above each page, and click on the Check Availability button. After we have received your booking request, we will contact you to ask for a 20% deposit to secure your booking.
Reserve a stay of 5 nights or more and receive a 10% discount. Your discount will be automatically applied during the booking process.
Below is a compilation of the features and amenities which you will find at the Lodge:
- Spacious Open Plan Layout: The Lodge offers a spacious open plan kitchen and dining area for your comfort and convenience.
- Bedroom 1: Features a King Size bed with a luxury mattress, large fitted wardrobes, bedside tables with lamps and chargers, and a wall-mounted TV.
- Bedroom 2: Furnished with a Single bed with a luxury mattress. Please note that this room is accessible when the Lodge is reserved for 3 adults.
- Bathroom: Enjoy a large walk-in shower with both adjustable and fixed showerheads.
- Fully Equipped Kitchen: The kitchen includes essential appliances such as a kettle, toaster, microwave, gas hob, and fan-assisted oven.
- Entertainment: A 40″ TV and DVD player are available in the lounge for your entertainment.
- Private Outdoor Space: Relax in your private grassed area.
- Heating: The Lodge is double-glazed, winter-insulated, and equipped with central heating, as well as an additional fire for warmth.
- Parking: Convenient parking right outside the Lodge.
- Patio Area: Perfect for warmer months, featuring chairs, a table, parasol, and a charcoal barbecue (charcoal not provided).
- Convenience Features: A dishwasher, bed linen, towels, tea towels, washing up liquid, and handwash are all included for 2 adults. Ironing board, iron, and a clothesline are also provided.
- Laundry Facilities: Access to a washing machine (from £4 per load) and tumble dryer (from £4 for up to 45 minutes).
- Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi is available, though please be aware that the rural location may result in occasional connection difficulties (approximately 16mbps download).
- Electricity Usage: Electricity is currently included in the price but is being monitored due to high costs, so please use it responsibly.
- Scenic Walks: Enjoy 2 miles of off-road walking to Skipwith village, Skipwith Common, or The Drovers Arms for leisurely strolls in the beautiful surroundings.
We hope this list helps you plan and enjoy your stay. Please visit our Items Provided page for an inventory of the equipment you can expect to find in the Lodge.
We really think this is a special place and while we have been working down there, we have seen the following wildlife in the field and beyond:
- Barn Owl
- Little Owl
- Red Kite
Before you book
So we can offer you this unique opportunity to stay in this lovely Lodge on our small farm, we do have some rules, so we can all relax. Therefore we encourage you to take time to read our Terms & conditions.
Below is a summarised list of important guidelines and information for your stay:
- Smoking & Vaping: Smoking and vaping are not allowed in or near the Lodge or property.
- Pets: One well-behaved dog is welcome, but it should be kept on a lead when outside the Lodge and not left alone inside. For other pets, please contact us for special arrangements.
- Children: Children under the age of 14 are not permitted due to safety considerations. The Lodge can accommodate up to three adults.
- Mobile Phone Network: Mobile phone network signal is intermittent, and while you may have coverage in certain areas, it can’t be guaranteed.
- Quiet Hours: Please be considerate of others and maintain quiet between 11 pm and 8 am.
- Long Term Lets: The property does not offer long-term rentals or residential holiday homes.
- Caravan Storage Yard: Part of the caravan storage yard is visible from the kitchen window, but a hedge has been planted for future screening. Storage yard access is typically between 9 am and 9 pm, with occasional exceptions. The area is under CCTV surveillance and has security measures in place.
- Bus Route: Unfortunately, the property is not on a bus route, and the nearest stop is approximately 1 mile away in the village.
- Walking to Skipwith Village & Common: You can walk to Skipwith village and the Common using country paths. Please note that these paths may be overgrown or muddy at certain times of the year. Take a map from the Lodge information pack, as the paths are not signposted. Avoid walking along the main road due to fast-moving traffic.
These guidelines and information should help ensure a pleasant and safe stay at the Lodge.